Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Vasallus ut Adura, looking to bring the light back into the world and destroy the Burning Legion.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Current work in progress (no real title)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kaimesha
Dux Ducis
Dux Ducis
Kaimesha

Current work in progress (no real title) Empty
PostSubject: Current work in progress (no real title)   Current work in progress (no real title) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 5:50 pm

Chapter 1

“Samantha! Order up for table five!”

“Coming, Sitoshi!”

The noodle shop known to the city as The Twisty Noodle was buzzing with business as it always did on a Friday. People loved to come here for the famous noodles made by the head chef himself, Sitoshi Long. Working through all the business and mayhem was the shop’s fifteen-year old number one waitress, Samantha Cole. She had been working there for a whole year now and it showed in her technique and skill as she maneuvered through nearly impossible situations. Showing her speed in a tight squeeze, Samantha moved swiftly through the crowded shop, dipping and dodging past tables to reach the counter where two trays sat awaiting pick-up. The girl slipped her small hands underneath the trays and quickly lifted them up into the air before making her way back through the crowd once more, an ‘Excuse me’ passing her lips every so often as she did so. With her movements, her long blue hair swayed behind her with the single ponytail draped in front of her left shoulder not leaving its place. Once reaching the table, the girl set the trays down gently with a soft sigh and smiled wide as she set plates from each tray down in front of their respective diner. The lady sitting to the right of her nodded once, laughing all the while. “Thank you so much, Samantha. We can always count on you for a lunch on time.”

Watching as the others at the table nodded in agreement with her statement, the young waitress began to blush. “Oh well…thank you for the compliment.” Once bowing to them, she rushed back over to the counter and took a seat in one of the many spinning seats that were available to her.
Leaning back and resting her elbows on the counter behind her, she closed those soft blue hues she possessed with head upturned to the ceiling. “Such a busy day, huh, Sitoshi?”

After a few minutes with no answer, a man walked out to meet her on the opposite side of the counter where he leaned forward, sighing deeply as he set his arms on the counter top beside her. “You’re telling me. I think this is the busiest Friday we’ve ever had here.”

“Well you do make the best noodles this city has ever seen.” Her eyes opened to quickly glance back at him. “And don’t you dare try to act like you don’t already know this”, she giggled.

“So my noodles are good. What’s that have to do with all the business we get on Friday”, he spoke with such sarcasm in his voice. As he stared out at the crowd of people, he watched with those hazel eyes as they slowly began to decrease in number. Once the shop had managed to finally become empty, the man walked from behind the counter and headed for the door, turning the ‘Open’ sign over to ‘Closed’ as he wiped the sweat from his forehead.

She sat up as she crossed one leg over the other and set her hands on her top knee. “All out of supplies again?”

He gave a nod of his head as he headed back toward the counter, his hands moving into his pockets. “Yeah. No noodles, no soup, no nothing.” Going around to the other side of the counter, he went to the cash register and popped it open to begin counting the money. “So…how much did you earn in tips?”

Samantha let out a laugh. “A lot actually. If I kept count right, about fifty dollars.”

The man froze for a minute with a stack of tens in his hands. “Fifty in tips alone?”

“Pretty much.” She reached into the small pocket tied to her left thigh and pulled out a lump of cash before beginning to flip through it.

“I guess you’ll be going home with quite the large amount of money. Here”, said Sitoshi holding a bit of money out to her.

Turning around to face him in her seat, she took the money in her free hand as she still held on to her other sum of money. “Thanks, Sitoshi! You’re the best!” She slipped it in with the rest of her cash and hopped down from the seat, making her way toward the door.

“So what are you up to later tonight”, he called over to her.

She stopped once grabbing the handle of the door and looked back at him with a smile. “I have no idea. Guess I’ll go spend this money.” Putting it away, she walked out of the shop once opening the door and headed down the street.

Sitoshi chuckled some, placing the money back in the register and slamming it shut as his head lowered, causing his short brown hair to fall in front of his eyes. “Be careful out there, Sammy.”

Skipping down the street, the girl giggled happily as she listened to the sounds around her. Although it was now fairly late, people were still out and about, roaming and shopping. “Now where to spend my Friday money…” After a few more minutes of searching, she came to a stop when reaching a clothing store sign hanging just over an alleyway. Looking up at the sign and then down the alley, she shrugged and started walking into it. “Strange place to have your shop located”, she muttered to herself lowly.

“Really”, a grown male voice had spoken from behind her, instantly grabbing her attention. “I think it’s the perfect place for a clothing store.”

Quickly spinning around with fists raised defensively, Samantha found herself staring up into the eyes of a much taller man, looking around the age of twenty-five or so, hair all black except for the lock of white hair in the front coming down in the right side of his face. His nearly perfect midriff was in plain sight thanks to the opening that his brown button-up had provided. “Whoa. You scared me, sir”, she giggled lightly with a sigh of relief as her fists lowered.

“Terribly sorry, little lady. I didn’t mean to scare you like that.” Kneeling down in front of her to meet with her five foot two height and truly become eye level with her, he brought his hand up to take a gentle hold of her chin. “Are you all right?”

“I uh…think so”, she said in an almost lost tone as her eyes seemed to fade in liveliness. They seemed rather empty as he loomed over her once again.

“That is quite a relief. I wouldn’t want to suck the blood of the wounded.” Those words quickly snapped her out of her daze but before she could react, his hands were suddenly wrapped tightly around her wrists and her back was slammed roughly against the brick wall to pin her there and minimize her movements.

“Wh-Wh-What’s going on”, she screamed out of horror once seeing the murderous intent within those brown optics he owned.

“Allow me to explain.” He leaned in close to her face with tongue running slowly along his curved lips as he smiled widely. “My name is Patrick Hart and I am just your average vampire. I happen to be extremely thirsty and you were in the neighborhood. Do you mind, doll?”

She was shaking all over in fear and trying her best to pull away though couldn’t manage to move her arms an inch from where they were pinned beside her head. “Please…ju-just let m-me g-g-go.” Samantha had tears forming within her eyes that were ready to fall at any moment.

The man let out a low laugh that sent multiple shivers up and down her spine. “Now now. I didn’t go through all this trouble just to release you back into the world. Here you are…young, beautiful and chock full of that lovely crimson flow.” His grip on her wrists seemed to only grow tighter. “The thought just makes me shutter with excitement”, he hissed with mouth slowly opening wide enough for her to see his one-inch fangs protruding from where his normal canines would be. With a smirk on his face, he drew in closer to her face and paused once nose to nose with her. “Say good-night, baby doll.” As she closed her eyes tightly, the vampire lunged toward her neck and sunk his fangs into her throat without hesitation.

As he began to draw the blood from her, Samantha could feel herself slowly losing consciousness. Although she attempted to let out a cry for help, her voice didn’t seem to work at the time. Every sound she tried to make was nothing more than a gasp of air as she desperately clung to life. It wasn’t long before her eyes opened some and appeared lifeless, her eyelids growing heavy and vision becoming blurry.

Just as he was about to remove the remainder of her life source, a blood-curdling howl filled the air and resulted in him quickly removing his fangs and releasing her all together to turn his back to her and look around to find the source. “Mangy wolves”, the man grumbled.

Samantha slowly slid down along the wall to sit upon the ground, her breathing rather heavy and bits of blood running down along her neck. “Wha…?”

“All right, you mutt! Show yourself!” He took a few steps forward with fangs barred. “I know you’re around here somewhere! After all, you made such an effort to conceal yourself“, he spoke with great sarcasm lining his voice.

“Step away from the girl…now”, a whispered tone called out to him.

“And what if I don’t?”

The wind picked up slightly just before a male figure suddenly dropped down in front of him, landing in a knelt position with golden slit hues practically glowing with anger. His short silver hair cascaded down in front of his eyes though didn’t completely block them from sight. “Then I guess I’ll just have to kill you.”

He stared at him for a moment before beginning to laugh. “You have got to be kidding me. A little wolf whelp like you is going to kill me? A vampire? You wolves truly must be out of your minds.”
The boy looked to be about the age of sixteen, wearing an open dark blue jacket and a white button up shirt only buttoned twice in the center. Covering his lower body was a pair of black jeans that barely hugged him to make for easier movement. “Maybe it’s you who’s out of their minds if you think you can even compare to me, vermin.”

Growing angered by his words, Patrick hissed at him before charging in without a second thought. The boy slowly rose up though seemed to stop halfway, wasting no time as he lunged forward and tackled the vampire to the ground roughly. Before Patrick had known what hit him, the boy’s fist had connected one good time with his face and now had him pinned. He gave his head a shake and started to hiss lowly. “How…dare you! Get your filthy paws off of me!”

Despite his struggle, he didn’t let go of his arms though only tightened his grip upon him. “I have no reason to release you.”

“Why you-” He then paused and smirked slyly. “Actually you do, boy. If I recall right, I did sick my fangs into that young lady’s neck.” The boy’s eyes had grown a bit as he looked over his shoulder to Samantha who appeared to be fading slowly. “I practically drained her of everything. I wouldn’t be surprised if she dies any second now. Oh but then again…I could have turned her.” He let out a small laugh. “What will the wolf boy do”, spoke the man in a taunting tone.

“You bastard”, he growled deeply as his glare returned to him. He got off of him, standing up and walking over to the girl to check on her.

“Foolish mutt. That girl is now going to be the death of you”, Patrick whispered to himself as he got to his feet and began to approach him from behind. What he hadn’t expected was the sudden kick that had been planted against the side of his head. Another male figure had sped down the alleyway and delivered a flying kick that sent the man skidding a couple feet along the concrete.

“Try learning some honor, would you”, said the male in somewhat of an accent lining his voice. The boy now stood beside the other with a single hand upon his hip and an apparent smirk on his face. “Everything under control, Kyo”, he asked not taking his eyes off of the man before him.

He nodded some. “Could be better but yes. We need to wrap things up here. Any longer and she may not make it.”

The boy laughed a bit, bringing his left hand up and taking hold of the rim of his denim cap and pulling it down a bit. He wore a short-sleeved white button-up shirt with the top half open, showing off a bird-like tattoo on the left side of his chest and red collar around his neck. The denim jeans he wore matched the hat atop his head and had a black belt that wrapped loosely around his waist to dangle lowly in the back. His tan-gloved hands were gripped tightly into fists as he prepared for a fight. “All right then. You hear that? We have to wrap things up so if you’re done lying on the ground, I would like to finish this please.”

The man carefully sat up, quickly staring into the deep grey hues of the newcomer. His heart had suddenly dropped into his stomach and he found himself rising to his feet but not to fight but rather run in the opposite direction. “It can’t be”, he grumbled. “What is he doing here, of all places?”

Kyo blinked a few times at the actions of the vampire in wonder. “What was that all about, Bentley?”

“Hell if I know.” He turned to him and then gasped once noticing the condition of the girl he was tending to. “He did quite a number on her…”

“We need to hurry and get her back to the hotel.” Leaning over her, he slipped his arms beneath her, one under her knees and the other against her back. He rose to his feet as Bentley nodded once to him and the two were suddenly gone out of sight with a single leap into the air.

End

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok let me start off by saying that this was something that I wrote without much thought. It was really more of a testing process really. I hadn't written anything in a long time and the next thing I know, I have vampires and werewolves on the brain ^_^;; so I decided to put this little piece together. It's not much of anything and I don't know if I'm even going to continue it at this point. All I do know is that I'm curious on opinions. Thank you for your patience on reading this piece and hope you enjoyed! :3
Back to top Go down
http://sonikkugal.deviantart.com/

Current work in progress (no real title)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Creativity :: Stories-
Jump to: