Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Vasallus ut Adura, looking to bring the light back into the world and destroy the Burning Legion.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Warlock's Training Begins.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jeanelle
Misellus
Misellus
Jeanelle

A Warlock's Training Begins. Empty
PostSubject: A Warlock's Training Begins.   A Warlock's Training Begins. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 10:45 am

Jeanelle made her way into the Northshire Abbey, a folded map clutched tightly in her hands as she glanced around searching for women she was told to visit. The thick cedar trees that littered the Abbey bore foliage touched with vibrant oranges, browns and reds; it was well into the autumn season. Beyond a particularly large cedar tree near the entrance of the Abbey, Jeanelle saw what appeared to be a large chapel made of cracked and weather worn stone. The main chamber and largest portion of the chapel was cylinder shaped, a rectangular upstairs room with shingle covered roofs protruding out of the top of the main chamber. A large addition to the main chamber, rectangular with a triangular top not unlike the window of a castle's tower, bore three stained glass windows all shaped in similar manner as the addition itself. The entrance to the chapel was about twenty five feet long, with a roof shingled like upstairs room.

As she continued toward the Chapel she noticed that there was yet another extension to the chapel but she could not make out exactly what it was... though it appeared to Jeanelle to be some sort of stables. Bringing her eyes back to the entrance of the chapel, she noticed for the first time an armored Stormwind soldier, the emblem on his tabard embedded in golden thread shined and flashed in the bright sunshine. He stood on a small mound just in front of the chapel's entrance and appeared bored.

Jeanelle approached the soldier and cleared her through. "Pardon me, sir? I've been told I might find work here?"

"Work?" grunted the soldier, his voice rough and hoarse. "Yeah, we have got some jobs you can do. Need some wolf meat... talk to Eagan Peltskinner. And I suppose you should probably talk to Drusilla La Salle also. She is over by the stables yonder." He a jerk of his thumb in the direction off behind him and to his right where Jeanelle had made out a large addition to the chapel before continuing. "You are look young, are you not? You where the robes of a warlock early in her studies. Drusilla is a teacher of those ways, you'd do well to speak with her before you do anything further. The work will still be here when you return."

"Oh, y-yeah," stammered Jeanelle. "I will then, t-thank you." She smiled nervously bent her knees in a short feminine bow before quickly hurrying off in the direction the soldier had indicated. It was very shaded in there area where Drusilla La Salle stood idly. A man with sandy brown hair carrying a crystal topped scepter stood beside her and next to him...

Jeanelle nearly tripped over her own feet in her shock. It was a creature no taller than two feet consumed in green flames, Its scrawny, long arms drooping to its side as its glowing yellow eyes darted back and forth with interest in the various objects that filled the Abby. It had long, pointy ears similar to an elf, however, due to the creatures tiny skull the ears looked almost comically long. Two long, slightly curved horns rose half a foot into the air.

Having noticed Jeanelle's Shock, Drusilla smiled and said, "You cannot summon one, can you?"

Drusilla's break the trance Jeanelle was caught in and she quickly looks up and over to the Warlock trainer. "I--wh--well, no... should I be able to?"

Drusilla smiled ever wider as she left a soft chuckle escape her lips. "Well, you might find them useful." Not waiting for a response, of which Jeanelle was to speechless to provide in any case, Drusilla said, a little more seriously. "I can teach you, young one, but first you must do something for me.

"There was a novice studying in the Abbey that ran off to join the Defias Brotherhood. Why do I care? Well, he stole some important books. One of them I want particularly for myself. Get it back for me and I'll teach you. You won't be able to read the runes stamped on its cover, but it is bound in mid-night blue leather, the pages are yellowed with age"

"Okay then." Jeanelle glanced once more at the creature in green flame. "Where can I find him?"

"You should be able to find him in the vineyards." said Drusilla.

Nodding, Jeanelle left Drusilla and her companions and made her way for the vineyards where the bandits known as the Defias Brotherhood littered the landscape. They all wore red bandannas covering their mouths and they were all heavily armed. Deciding to take a less confrontational path, Jeanelle crept among the underbrush, darting behind trees and moving as silent as she could, trying to avoid bandits as she made her way deeper into the vineyards, her eyes wide open for any sign or hint as to the the location of book she sought. It wasn't long before she discovered a small white tent and three people standing around a dowsed campfire.

Jeanelle gasped as she saw who must be the novice Drusilla had spoke of because her was the only one in the area other than Jeanelle herself who wore no red face mask... and the only one to wear blood red robes exactly like the ones Jeanelle wore.

"But then, that must mean..." she said under her breath before she spotted it. A mid-night blue tome atop a pile of other books next to the tent. "But how will I get it without taking on the entire vineyards..?" she thought out loud as she searched around for a solution. Finding a small rock at her feet she glanced around from behind the tree she hid behind. Almost at once she spotted an opportunity. Several feet ahead of her and close to the camp where lay the book she needed, a defias bandit patrolled a small stretch of land passing another bandit who leaned against a tree and sharpened a dagger on a sharpening stone aimlessly.

Waiting for the patrolling bandit to pass the other bandit leaning against the tree with his back to her, Jeanelle through the rock she had been holding she hit the patrolling bandit square in the back of the head. He jerked forward then spun angrily, his hand holding the growing bump on the back of his head. Immediately after releasing the rock, Jeanelle darted back behind the safty of the cedar tree and waited to see if the bandit took the bait.

"Illidans Hammer!" she heard the bandit she had hit scream. "Hit me with a bloody sharpening stone when my back is turned will ya?"

Jeanelle chanced a glance out from where she hid and saw that all the bandits in the vicinity had turned to witness the fight out breaking among their own. Many abandoned their posts to join the growing crowd around the two feuding bandits, including the three that had surrounded the mid-night blue tome. Giddy with disbeilf of her luck, Jeanelle silently crept out from her hiding place and swiftly made her way to the small camp sight. She took another cautious glance at the group of bandits, making sure no one had seen her or would, and took the book from the pile before hurrying off to a safe hiding place.

The book was unsually heavy for an object of paper and leather. Having completed her task, and without voilence being shed, Jeanelle returned to Drusilla La Salle and handed her the book, a grin tickling the corners of her lips dispite herself. Drusilla took the tome happily and smiled widly to Jeanelle.

"You've done well... very well." said Drusilla. "As I said I shall teach you the spell needed to summon." She reached into her pouch and drew from it a scroll that she handed to Jeanelle. "This scroll has the correct wording. But it is not as easy as just speaking the spell. You must first find and enslave your imp from the nether world."

"Enslave?" Jeanelle found the idea of taking any living creature against its will appauling. "Is there another way?"

Drusilla let forth a bitter laugh before responding. "I suppose you can befriend the feind, though that would be a feat all in its own."

Jeanelle looked at the scroll then back to Drusilla, her mind made up. She would enter the nether world, but she would not return until she had discovered what seemed like the most unlikely occurance... a demon she could be friends with. "Okay. How do I enter the nether world?"

~FIN~

((I will be adding Jeanelle's adventure into the Nether World and her search for Jaknam soon, check back!))
Back to top Go down

A Warlock's Training Begins. Empty
PostSubject: oh   A Warlock's Training Begins. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 2:16 pm

Oh i do like it, your a great wrighter.....very good. would like to read more about your charater.....
Back to top Go down

A Warlock's Training Begins.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: RolePlay :: Personal Events-
Jump to: