Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Vasallus ut Adura, looking to bring the light back into the world and destroy the Burning Legion.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Help Poor Indecisive Vartaas!!

Go down 
2 posters

What Class Should Vartaas' Alt. be for a serious character?
Shaman (Draenei, obviously)
Help Poor Indecisive Vartaas!! I_vote_lcap29%Help Poor Indecisive Vartaas!! I_vote_rcap
 29% [ 2 ]
Mage (Gnome or Human)
Help Poor Indecisive Vartaas!! I_vote_lcap0%Help Poor Indecisive Vartaas!! I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Rogue (Night Elf or Gnome)
Help Poor Indecisive Vartaas!! I_vote_lcap71%Help Poor Indecisive Vartaas!! I_vote_rcap
 71% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage

Help Poor Indecisive Vartaas!! Empty
PostSubject: Help Poor Indecisive Vartaas!!   Help Poor Indecisive Vartaas!! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 3:40 am

Aaaaaaaaalrighty, as some of you know, I also play a paladin named Lukkas. He's who I normally go on when I want to RP less goofily, and more seriously.

Problem is, Lukkas is actually a recycle of a D&D character I still run. And although I translated him to WoW pretty well.. I just find that He isn't quite cutting it. Part of his appeal to me is the crew he used to adventure with in my D&D sessions, and without him, he just doesn't seem the same, or even interesting. I decided I may as well be adventuresome and try a new character normally outside of what I play (Rangers and meath-shields typically)

I've narrowed my choices down to three:

A shaman who, although he lives by the ideals, has lost a bit of faith in the light itself. He still yearns to combat the Eredar, for all the suffering they have wrought.

A mage who, having attained the power that he sought for so long, found emptiness, and then fulfillment in the light. Now he works towards eradicating the Scourge and the Legion; the two biggest threats he sees to the light.

A rogue who lives entirely by the philosophy of "kill one to save two". He adheres to a strict code of martial honour, one that does not seem to mind his "ends justifies the means" sort of fighting.

As you can see in the poll, I only put the choice for the class. If you wish; please respond with what you'd like to see me run race-wise ^^

Lastly, it may sway your vote to note that currently there are NO shaman or Rogues in this guild atm.

Last edited by Vartaas on Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lorealie
Dominus
Dominus
Lorealie

PostSubject: Re: Help Poor Indecisive Vartaas!!   Help Poor Indecisive Vartaas!! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 2:46 pm

I like the idea of a rouge, and the idea of a rouge that is slightly on the good side is always interesting to do. A character like that can constantly battle over their moralities. It's similar to what my rouge constantly does when she's not going through psychotic fits of thinking she's a holy deity.
Back to top Go down
http://vasallus.wow-wars.net
Cyleste
Liber
Liber
Cyleste

PostSubject: Re: Help Poor Indecisive Vartaas!!   Help Poor Indecisive Vartaas!! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 5:11 pm

I agree with Lady. There is always good play in the Assassin with a Conscience. Even the most Light-bourne Paladin makes a gut check when faced with the fact that his enemies don't follow the same rules he binds himself to. Not only can you find precedence in stories and books, but even in history we see examples of times when the noble had to succumb to the 'Dirty' tactics.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help Poor Indecisive Vartaas!!   Help Poor Indecisive Vartaas!! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 2:52 am

That's just it, lol, this rogue would see nothing wrong with execution being the only form of punishment; the only option for a threat to lasting peace. He would never bother trying to 'take 'em alive', and he'd never actually feel regret over any of it.. in some way s he could be diagnosed as a psychopath due to these qualities; but the only difference between heroes and villains in these types is the time and circumstance they live in...

Think " The Punisher" or "Ghost Rider". He would never try to actively save individuals, his main concern is eliminating the threat. As far as he is concerned, if you are present at the scene of the disturbance and are not the cause, then you are just another casualty.. kinda a scary guy. Makes you glad he's on your side kinda thing >.>

Well, were I to go Rogue, which race would you all prefer? The nelf would be easier; due to the whole Warden thing but I've never really seen a serious gnome, so that could be fun/interesting.

Oh, and I'll close this vote on the first of October, and make the character then ^^

P.S.

it occured to me that the previous examples of what his personality would be like are inadequate. Vengeance, he enjoys, and can be just as brutally efficient as those two, but for straigth personality... Saito Hajime. Both the real life dude, and the character in Ruroni Kenshin. AWESOME series btw. k, that's all from me ^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help Poor Indecisive Vartaas!!   Help Poor Indecisive Vartaas!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help Poor Indecisive Vartaas!!
Page 1 of 1