Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Vasallus ut Adura, looking to bring the light back into the world and destroy the Burning Legion.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Prolog: a tall Tale of Old

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Prolog: a tall Tale of Old Empty
PostSubject: Prolog: a tall Tale of Old   Prolog: a tall Tale of Old Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 2:31 am

A Heavy breeze seemed to of picked across the lands of Alburdine. The woods were silent, and the only sound that could be heard were the heavy whales of pain from the woods as the wind rushed through the spaced areas. A cloaked figured glanced over the lands from a rather high cliff off towards the west of Alburdine. His cloak flapping rappedly through the rapped gusts as she sighed heavily to herself.

"The plague... The legion... The Horde."

The cloaked figure spoke with a heavy heart, and the heaviness could be heard on her voice. The sound of battle still raged on in the voice of this person. As the wind seem to die down slightly she turned her back agnest the woods placing the gray ocean in front of him, and the woods behind him. He reached up closer to the hood of his cloak, and gently pulled it down over his shoulders. come to find out it was a middle aged night elf women whom looked struck with years of grife and sadness, battle and war. Scars all over her face seemed evident that of her advenutres she only had a few scuesses.

"Mistress... We've got the last living servivers... your orders?" Spoke a rather annoyed green imp.

His firey red eyes seemed imidante that he was a demon and lived only to servie his higher ups. The women glanced down to the grown slighly, eyes narrowing a bit as she spoke to him. "Bring me a male... Young, male."

"As you wish.... don't call on me... I'll call on you." it spoke once more, unable to stop what the next works would of came from his mouth.

The women shook her head as she looked back over the ocean in front of her. A roar filled the forest of different demons that ran through the now curroupted area. Another sigh escapped her lips as she saw some of the destruction her little armoy had cuased. After a few short moments, the imp came back with a male night elf. Whom seemed scared behind his little life. Fear could be smelt in the air, as tears fell from his face knowing some how or another he was going to die.

"Here you go Mistress, my contract does not cover this!" The imp stated once more, unable to control that mouth of his.

The women glanced over her shoulder once more, and gave a nod. "Leave us... I have much to do to this boy..."

"you know... Its not you, its me... I think we should see othe masters!" Stated the imp as he looked to the women before her.

the women turned her head more to her side glancing out of the corner of her eye, narrowing them deadly at the imp.

"If you wish then..."

with a swift footing, she morphed into black night stalker and had her claws exected with a growl. showing her rather pointy teeth that looked deadly. she leaned her fornt part of her body down some, leaving her hine leags up and her tail more straut. The imps eyes widened as it seem to skip away quickly, but within a blink of an eye the imp fell dead, and she had formed back into her night elf form. she sighed once more...

"good help is hard to find those days...." she stated as she sighed.

She glanced to the boy that seemed to of fallen to his knees, his hands bind together and mouth closed with a piece of cloth. The women had been facing him now, her dark green glow eyes seemed to of soften slightly as she looked to him. she slowly walked over to the young boy, her long aqua green hair flapping behind her along with her long black cloak. She reached down to the body touching his face with her black leather glove. she looked so unhappy as she looked to the child. He's calmed down some as he knew she did not mean to hurt him or lead him on thinking he was done for. Deep down he figured she had a reason for summoning him to her. She brought both of her hands to the back of his head unting the cloth and gave a very small smile to him.

"Much better?" she asked him, and she saw the boy now slightly.

"Now boy... If I release you, you must promise me you will not run away. for if you do, you will not get far. Understood?" she said as if she was speaking to her own child.

The boy nodded wanting to use his hands to hold himself and rensure himself that he would be alright in her company. The women smiled warmly now, as she took out a small dagger and placed it to the ropes untying him. She watched him intently as he used his hands to rub each wrist to easy his pain. she gave a nod to him, as she stood back up, and turned her back to the boy looking back over to the ocean.

"I know you think of me as a trater to our people. and I know you can never forgive me... for what I have done to our lands. If I had a choice I would of taken the one of fighting but it seemed either way fighting is not the best of ways. The Druids have left havent they boy?" she spoke her voice sturn once more.

In a tremble the boy spoke. "y-yes ma'am. P-please don't kill me! I do not know where they are!"

the women glanced over her shoulders slightly and sighed shacking her head. "I will not kill you, for If I wanted to I would of done so before the imp even said what he did. I do not care where they are now... They are the ones who should be held responcible for this desvsation... Not me. They are the only ones who could of stop this, and yet they hid with the animals of the woods. Primative... boy, i need you to hear this and I want you to keep this story alive. I want to be remembered for the women I was, and now who I am now. Form what little hold of my body I have, I want to tell you who I am... and why this has come to pass.."

the boy looked to her slightly confused as he sat down on the ground a couple of feet away from her. He made himself comfortable as he looked up to the women. Slightly in awe for the fact she had control over those demons like some sort of commander... but also in hate for the fact his family was killed and it was only him and his sister left alive. He made sure, he listened to ever word she spoke wondering why this did come to pass. she nodded to him, waiting for him to get more comfortable to hear her story on who she really was.

"comfrotable?" She asked him with a sly grin upon her face.

It seemed nice to her to actually have conversation with someone who wasn't dead or a demon who spoke their own langueage. Though with her being the only one with easy blood to be split, they obeyed her for the time being. the boy had smiled slightly back to her nodding. The women in front of her turned to the boy now, standing in front of him and glancing down to him.

"My name is Midnights Alshar, the daughter of Nataleya Alshar. the last of the sleeping druids to open the emrald Dream gates. This is where I blame the Arch Druids... For they knew the sleeping Druids were being killed left and right... and yet the decided to hide me like I was some child." she glanced away slightly angered with them.

"They knew of the plague that sickened our animals in the forest... and the furblogs we once called friends. I lost my childhood friend to it..." she looked back to the boy. "but.. that is beside the point. I am from the Gove Terdissle, just outside of shadowglen and starbreeze. when I was young everthing was peaceful, and beautiful, alive and well. Our people were happy, and not a stress of war or battle in our area. I was the rightful age of teenager. My mother wished me to be a Druid, and my father wished me to be a warrior. Nither of those i wished to be, but a Hunter was my first call. After a couple days of my celebraited birth, the Arch Druid Fandaral Staghelm, came to our grove and apoint the livelyhood of our professions in life. He had appointed every child there, including a childhood friend named Sinthalous. I was left, and he looked at me for a while and had circled around me. It did frigthen me, but I knew I was ready for anything he could throw at me. He placed his hand upon my head, and had closed his eyes and he spoke to him."

Midnights had closed her eyes as if remembering the day as if it was happening to her right then and there. She seemed to of smile as she felt warm inside, for the first time in ages.

"He had spoken to me in my mind, telling me 'the forest speaks to you, midnights. It holds you in high honor! you will become a druid.' He said to me. I had sighed heavily when he said that for I did not want to become a druid, for the simple fact my real mother would of been overly excited and demanded me to be like her. But it did not stop there, after supper my mother sent me to bed, but Of coruse being younf I did not listen. The arch Druid had stayed the night in our hut, and spoke to my parents of eargent news. I heard my mother nearly scream, 'SLEEPING DURID?! OUR DAUGHTER IS THE CHOSEN ONE?!' I nearly leaped from my bed hearing her spoke those words. He told them the legion would be looking for her and unfortantly there was nothing they could for for me. No protection at all... and that following night the legion had sprong their first attack. My mother was left behind and my father had taken me through the woods. It was hard for me to keep up with my father running through the woods, for his was much taller and his footing much larger than mine. I remember him telling me that all would be well but I had to leave as soon as I could. He also told me there was a human women named Nataleya waiting for me. She would take care of me and teach me the best she could."

Midnights kept her eyes closed as she spoke, she could feel the boys eyes upon her and the slight breathing she heard from the excitement he felt from her story thus far. Her face still strin, and straight.

Last edited by Midnyghts on Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Prolog: a tall Tale of Old Empty
PostSubject: And part 2   Prolog: a tall Tale of Old Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 2:32 am

"W-what happened next, midnights?" He asked, slightly afriad to speak next.

Midnights seemed to smile a bit, as she gave a slight nod. "I was sent to the human women, and we eneded up in the great human city Stormwind. I felt really out of my place when I was there. But after that night, I never got to see my parents agian or my grove. All through my life I had wondered if I could see them agian, and when I asked Nataleya if I could go back to my grove she would punish me. It weighed heavily on my mind, and my studies of becoming this legendary Druid seemed to be slipping away. The City was always over populated, and it was always diffcult for me to breath in that forsaken city. But, I always remaind dilagent in my work, to make Nataleya proud of me, and if my parents were alive they would be too. When Nataleya took me out of the city to see the woods of Elywen forest, I felt so much better and was able to practice my morphing capabilities. Thats also when I saw Sinthalous. When I saw him, I rush over and gave him a hug he'd never forget... but he did not return it. Nataleya had watched carefully but ended up coming after me in a rush and grabbed me away from Sinthalous screaming for me to run. Nataleya at this time placed out one of her voidwalker demons and sent him after Sinthalous... I screamed for her to stop but she did not and I had to run to the Dwarfin' city, Ironforge. That place was even worse than Stormwind. My heart bleed for the fact I got to see Sinthalous, but could not ask about my family or my grove. when Nataleya came for me in Ironforge, she had a few injurys and I tended to them. She told me we had to run as far as we could, for reasons she would not speak of. "

she opened her eyes slowly, the heavy green glow to them seemed to disappear as the sadness wrapped around her. The boy saw this and would slowly scoot himself closer to her, only to comfort her slightly. She shot a glare at the boy, stopping him in his place.

"After a few days of running, with no rest... The legion that attacked my grove seemed to of caught up to us. Natalyea had done something with her staff to my head and last thing I knew, I had no memeories of anything. I had no idea what the legion was, what my home was or where it was... she easied my memeories for my own protection... and Sinthalous had betrayed us for the fact, he worried for his own familys safty. He hadn't the heart to do it, but when he saw my parents killed before his eyes asking for me, he did not want the same happen to his. Whatever happened to his family, is his problem now.. I care not. Last I knew Nataleya had always been my mother, and the only mother I knew of. My studies restarted from the beging, and I worked my way to the top. Nataleya's soul had been place with the Legion without choice, and she was a slave to them now. forcing me to learn my druidic abilities as fast as I could... and when I got something wrong, she would beat me to an inch of my life. Not the best times of my life... but it is ture. It seemed more time had past, and I was able to run free of Nataleya's grasp for a little while, and I ran into Sinthalous once more. Both of us were much older and slightly more wiser than what we realized. He was just a simple woodsman... but we seemed to of become great friends. For my grove before all of this had happened assigned him to be my protecter and I believe this is why he and I became great friends when we met for the first time for what it seemed like to me. But for him it was only the thried time."

she kept her eyes open as she spoke, all of this still fresh in her mind. It seemed she was rushing to get it all out, feeling her last bit of light disappearing from the inside out. The legions grasp was geting stronger, and the more she waited to tell, the less likely the boy would have a chance to spread the word of this women. He still listend intently, and hung off of ever word she spoke of to him. His hear seemed to bleed for her, seeing all of the issues she had growing and being one of the last, of what her grove was and what their Druids stood for.

"We had adventure together, and our bond seemed to of grown stronger. Every moment we had spent together. Hunting, gathering, helping other groves, and towns. It felt good to have a companion to acompany you along your adventures... but Nataleya did not like it, and saw things that would become of this relationship we had developed. she had found me, and thank elune, Sinthalous was not with me. She had order me to kill him, and rid of him for good. The only proof she wanted of his death was his head for a trophy... i could not do it, but in the end she beat me so bad I had to scare him away from me and I did. I never cried so hard in my life before... and it seemed to only get more intense afterwards. Nataleya and I had joined this guild, forgive me the name has aluded me... but the guild mistress had grown fond of me but not of my mother. Nataleya wished to kill the Guild mistress and take over with an iron fist... and some how I became apart of that evil plan. When the guild mistress found this out, she had made me into a slave, and had me spy on my mother. So now, I was torn between two people. Nataleya, and the guild mistress... I could not stand it... When my mother found out I was spying for the guild mistress on her, instead of me spying on the guild mistress... it broke into a huge fight between the two. Fel..."

she seemed to of stop for a moment as she glanced to a demon that looked like a dog. With two tenticals sticking out from his head, and rather large pointy teeth near by grazing on a dead deer. Midnights eyes seemed to look slightly frightened at the site of it.

"F...Felhounds... the guild mistress had summoned at least ten of them, and sent them on my mother. I did all I could to get the felhounds off of my mother, but the guild mistress held me back with her mage magick. all I could do was watch as they tore into my mothers skin, breaking her and eating her as if she were some deer. My heart broke apart... I had rushed over to her and tried to heal her the best I could, but it did not work quite well. The mage seemed to of laughed at the issues at hand... and simply walked off. I remember my mother telling me as her last words... that she loved me. From then on, I found myself to be free of her now, and I got back with Sinthalous. A couple more years had past and I had just became a women in my age now. Sinthalous had asked me to marry him, I am thinking now it was out of self pity for turning me into the legion... but none the less I did not know what I know now, and I said yes to the man. I felt really happy and we ended up mating. When I had traveled to a place called Outlands... he had left me... Traveled somewhere else and left me in the darkness. In those outlands, the legion rians haveic out there... More so than Azeorth herself! I could not fend for myself and I felt so lost... The legion knew I was in their area... and captured me. Forcing me to do what I have done just here... I lost myself in the power, and the ability to control the demons like my mother could."

A silent tear seemed to off fallen from midnights opened eye. But the tear was that of blood. It trickled down her cheek, and hit the ground. The boy looked worried, looking to the women before her. He realized now, this was not her doing at all, and that she was just a mere puppet in the legion plans. He lowered his head as he got to his feet.

"Midnights... I do not blame you, and I do forgive you. What happened was not that of your doing... but that of the legion." he spoke boldly to her.

Midnights glanced up to the boy now, and blinked slightly. A soft chuckle came from her lips as she wipped the blood tear from her face. She got to her feet and walked over to the boy, and placed her hand on top of his head, gently.

"See that tomb stone?" She pointed to a tombstone, with a somber look upon her face.

The boy nodded gently, and wanted to see the name on it, but did not want to anger Midnights knowing the control had become slightly stronger over her from the legion.

"That is where My beloved Sinthalous, rests now. My hands are what killed him... He turned and had joined the Scyrers... for the horde. and had found another Druid... or at least this women I saw with him. He tried to explain himself, but then he bombarded me with my past... at the last second. Without realizing what I was doing... I had killed him. His blood had appeared on my hands, and I screamed out in pain... becuase I had killed him. I brought him back here to bury him... Now boy... I am finished here. Grab your sister, and get out of here. The Demons will not attack you, they already know who you are and what mission I have for you. Now go and carry my name with haste..."

She moved her hand from his head and turned walking to the edge of the clif bring her hood back over her head, to hid her face once more. The boy nodded as he ran as fast as his little legs could carry him to his sister and away from that place. Midnights lowered her head as she whispered out loud.

"forgive me... Elune."

Once more, a loud scream came from the small village of Alburdine... as the last remaining survivers were killed and the two children spared. The demons started to form together once more, and were ready for new orders... Midnights spoke gently but they could still hear her.

"To.. Westfall... Move."
Back to top Go down

Prolog: a tall Tale of Old
Page 1 of 1