Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Vasallus ut Adura, looking to bring the light back into the world and destroy the Burning Legion.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Suggested downloads.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lorealie
Dominus
Dominus
Lorealie

Suggested downloads. Empty
PostSubject: Suggested downloads.   Suggested downloads. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 3:21 pm

As a guild in a whole, I encourage members to get a messenger program called "Xfire" it is something that will register and work while playing in game and can be a good way for the guild to communicate with one another while playing different factions, or servers, or toons. It is also obviously much more prompt then commuinicating through the forums. I'll create a thread soon where members can post their Xfire usernames. The download is extremely simple and doesn't take up to much space on a computer.

http://www.xfire.com

Also for anyone who doesn't already have them, I suggest for everyone to download "MRP" and "Guild Calendar" from Http://www.curse.com they are addons and make the rp process easier (MRP) and the calendar can be used to keep track of Guild events and also if you are posting any sort of a leave of absence, you can put the period of days on it for easier reference.

To add an addon to your WoW game, you're going to need WinRAR which is an unzipping program that opens .RAR files. Now download the free trial, but don't worry about it running out. They bother you when you open the program to buy it but they never make you. Now what's usually easiest is to unzip the files to the desktop.

The files will appear there, and from there (I operate a Windows XP, if you have Vista or a older version of windows it could be different.) Open up "My Computer" and go to your basic hard drive files (Program files specifically. On my system it is "HP Pavillion (C:) ) and then click on the 'program files' folder. Now since we're dealing with WoW finding the folder is easy. It should be right at the bottom and click the "World of Warcraft" folder, opening it. From there, several folders will be in there and my suggestion don't mess with anything. XD

Click the interface folder, and from there, there should be an "Addon" folder. If not, make one. It's in this folder that you're going to want to drag and drop the files you unzipped onto your desktop. Now the next time you log onto WoW they should be in your game!

If you have any issues or questions, put them in the "Help" board.
Back to top Go down
http://vasallus.wow-wars.net

Suggested downloads.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Rules, Regulations, Assistance :: FAQ-
Jump to: